Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kyosho46vr

AMD Agp Driver and how to Install

The new AGP driver from AMD is out and I was going to update my W2K but when I run the exe. and reboot the driver version is still windows digitally signed, how do I get this to load the new AMD driver?

Ned

Consider these reasons, and choose the most appropriate smile

1. AMD had WHQL it certified by MS

2. The setup looked for a specific configuration that has a known bug. You're PC didn't have it.

3. The file was written a while back (June), and has only just finished internal testing and QA.

4. File size, date stamps etc where kept the same so no repair programs wouldn't replace it.

5 As the AGP port is actually a 64-bit PCI bus the updated code was in the AMDPCI.sys file which was updated.

6 amdagp file is only a wrapper and is never updated. That way, by calling another file (like amdpci.sys) the agp is always certified.

7 one of the other files that was extracted to your system $temp$ folder when you pressed "next" is actually the file in question, but some computer virus deletes it.

8 The setup program noticed that your PC was slow enough and didn't need more baggage, (hardware specific debug code).

9 You have driver signing set to MS only. (win+break >> hardware >> driver signing)

10 you arenot logged in as an administrator.

11 Your not actually using a AGP card, just an old 64-bit PCI card with a AGP connector, IE AGP 1x).

12 your temp internet files/ web-cache is giving you an out of date file.

13 Extract the driver and copy it manually to winnt/system32/drivers and most likely destroy your installation.