Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
aar.vignesh

DirectX 9 Compatible graphic cards for gaming

hi guys,

i have currently Intel 82945G Express Chipset Display card.

i am facing problems in playing games like Fifa08, Hitman : Contracts, etc..

these games require DirectX9 compatible graphics card and drivers..

Problems i face:- Wen i start playing these games, the game runs smoothly upto a certain point, but beyond sum point the game crashes, i a, brought back to the desktop with an error stating that.. "Hitman Contracts.exe/Fifa08.exe has closed unexpectedly, all my save games all lost..

My Ques 1: Is my Graphics card compatible to play these games?

My Ques 2:- If yes then why am i not able to play these games fully, as other games like Rise of Nations can be played smoothly.

My Ques 3:- If No, then what Upgrade do i need to do for my graphics card, i need recommendations.

{Note:- I also some times come across pc turn offs automatically duing these games.}

My System Configuration is as follows:-

CPU:- Intel Pentium D 3.00 Ghz

RAM:- 512 MB DDR 2

Also i would like to know if RAM is to be upgraded.

Thanx, hoping to get a reply pretty soon.

Regards. grin

You appear to have a D945G based motherboard, most came with a single 16x, PCIe slot for Graphics Cards.

You should check with your motherboard manual or the manual that came with your machine to verify this.

If so, then there are a ton of good and cheap entry level graphics cards that will work in a PCIe slot.

Many of these cards will also support DX10 or even DX10.1 which is backwards compatible with DX9 apps.

That should take care of any gaming issues that require a lot more graphics horsepower then the onboard vga supports, however, if you still get random crashes to desktop, this could be an issue with the game itself, you will have to check with the game publisher to make sure.

As for the RAM, most of these same chipset motherboards had 4 DIMM slots, you appear to have the first channel populated with a pair of 256MB Modules.

Since DDR2 memory kits are just dirt cheap, there is no reason not to get a matched 2GB kit to populate the remaining 2 slots.

This chipset supports up to 4GB of RAM so you will have a machine that is fully populated with 2.5GB of Physical memory if you do this upgrade.

Good Luck smile

Direct X 9c should make that Card do the Job , Provided you Have not upgraded to 10 or 10.1 yet .

I Hope you upgraded your Memory & Have Fun Gaming !

Graphics cards for your PCIe slot are like 15 bucks on sites like Craigslist smile QC