Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abs007

Windows 2000 & Voodoo Banshee

I just installed the new voodoo banshee beta

drivers and they have totally messed everything up.

Every time I boot up the screen is a totally

garbled display and it crashes every time.

I have removed the drivers and installed the normal ones again, but it is still garbled.

Is there a way out of this, I do I have to install Win2000 again.

Thanx

Well i have a creative labs voodoo banshee and it worked fine the first time win2000 was installed. I might not be a bad idea to reinstall windows. Only of course if it is not to out of the way.

------------------

GooFy

What about repairing yopur installation? It's an option showed on screen when you boot up from the installation CD Rom. I think this could eventually fix what was wrong.

I have a Creative Labs Blaster Banshee that works great with the 3dfx beta drivers.

HOWEVER, I used to have a Diamond Monster Fusion Banshee card that DID NOT work with the beta drivers (I got the garbled screen you are talking about). I also read where other users had the same problems with the Diamond card.

It would seem to me that the Banshee chip on most cards works with the 3dfx beta drivers but that the Diamond card (which is typical because Diamond usually "tweaks" or "enhances" their cards) does not work with the reference drivers (at least for win2k).

My suggestion would be either get a new card or try some hacked drivers like the ones that used to be hosted on this site (pre-official beta drivers from 3dfx).