Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
galla12

compatible motherboard for Nvidia GeForce 8600GT??

well..... i want to know if mi motherboard is compatible with nvidia geforce 8600GT

My Motherboard is:

a Dell motherboard

Model - 0HR330

Power supply - 305W

PCI-E x16

Help??? frown

Is this motherboard in a Dell Optiplex 745 box?

If so, read this thread.

Note, that you need at least a 350 watt power supply anyway. See the bottom post.

yes, my motherboard is in a Dell Optiplex 745

but some cards of 8600GT needs 300W, only i want to know if my motherboard is compatible.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...&CatId=1558

as you can see in the Minimum System Requirements in that page says "A minimum 300W system power supply"

http://www.nvidia.com/HelpMeChoose/fx/HelpMeChoose.asp

and in the offcial page of nvidia, when i select 300W on "Your Power Supply" option

the cards that show me are:

9400GT

8600GT

8500GT

8400GS

so, only i want to know if my motherboard is compatible....

Quote:
as you can see in the Minimum System Requirements in that page says "A minimum 300W system power supply"

The link that you provided is dead, but assuming that you found that 300 watts is fine, just consider what box you have. If this is a tower, any card in this series should fit. If it is a slimline Optiplex, then you will need a low profile video card rated at 300 watts or less.

Also consider what hardware is in the system. If you have a stock Optiplex with no added hardware (added more hard drives or other internal hardware that may draw on the power supply), this probably will be fine. However, if you have added internal hardware it will affect how much power is available to run the video card that you choose.

I see that you posted on the Dell forums, which is your best bet for an answer, since their motherboards are often proprietary and have specific specifications. What you want is someone who has added an external card to the system and knows that it works. Your more likely to get good answer on Dell's forum specific for your system, unless someone here has tried it on the same or like system.