Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sammy75

Need help with Outlook Express...

I wonder if anyone can help.

I've been using it for a while now and alls been fine. Recently, however, when sending an email it sits in my outbox and displays an error message. The recipient is actually receiving the message though!

Until I established that the mails were sending, I kept hitting the send button only for the recipient to receive it numerous times! Now I just have to delete after a few minutes!

Any clues?

The problem might be resolved by cleaning up the junk or deleted email (btw: Outlook Express folders are limited to 4096MB in size and the .dbx to 2048MB). If you look in the folder where the dbx files are stored you should find the problem (empty folders in Outlook but there's a mismatch in dbx file size etc).

The path of the Outlook Express folder is C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

New to forum; don't know how to get back to the subject message I want, but anyway, it is Post #168418 re OE compacting messages.

Mine brings up the compact messages window every 5 minutes, no lie, even AFTER I compact the messages.

How can I stop it ???? Or, is there a way to remove the messages onto a DVD for storage?

Thanks

Tom

It may happen that your DBX file has been corrupted due to which Outlook is getting freeze and you are unable to send emails. delete some mails from DBX file and then try again.