Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
panagiotis28

need help with registery problems

Hello, all

Well about a year ago i was trying to remove a file/support from my computer called truevineonline. blocks [censored]/gambling/youtube and anything thats bad. my friend put it on my computer when i lived with him it was his rule or i didnt live there well I was trying to deleted this crap and went into the regedit and del things i needed on my computer now the computer dont really works i boot it up and it freezes at the window (loading) part of the boot. I can go into safe mode but that ont help cause i lost the paper that i wrot on it had the regietrys that i deleted but now how do i repair it. should i just get a new hard drive ???? HELP confused

O/S= xpsp2 home edition cant do a system restore either my computer just freezes

Oh and that truevine is still on my computer i cant reformat my C: or really do anything

(Waring!!! when having christine friends and ones with addictions)

You could always reinstall the OS using the installation disk. However, this will wipe your computer completely clean. There are tools out there which you can use to repair your registry, but it's not guarenteed.

Make note that before you go toying around with the registry, you should ALWAYS back it up. You can do so by exporting the entire registry to the C: drive. This way, you can restore it to the previous point, even if you can only get into the system via Safe Mode.

Hello,

There are tools with you can repair your entire registry...Since windows registry is vital to your computer, use of good software is recommended.Data recovery companies provides free online demo version of the software to test the software features and functions so thoroughly evaluate the software before buying it.