Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
euankirkhope

Practically free new Abit KA7 slot A kx133, is it worth it?

I found this mobo for sale for only £50 (about $70?) and wondered seeing as it is a slot A, not socket, and has the slightly older via kx133 chipset, is this a bargain?

The reason it's so cheap is because they ( a respectible UK nationwide dealer)have lost all the cables and manual. But thats not a problem for someone with a degree in electronics, and an internet connection ;), and about a million spare extra PC cables.

What do you think. Is this a good board?

Its an Abit KA7, I really want to ditch SS7.

There's also 3 Gigabyte SA AMD 750 ATX

for the same 40% off. One with a broken heatsink clip, the other 2 missing either the IO cables or manual.

Opinions please. smile

I jump on in heart beat.

Yup Have few I have million spare extra PC cables to. The manual can most like be download & Print Out.

hmm I've got to wait until the morining when the callcentre opens backup (I gave up being on hold earlier). As because there "special" you have to phone, and ask questions...

So it's 22.49 now, opens at 9.00, that 11 hours, at 70(unfit)BPM, thats 46000 heart beats.

Can you get a slot A to socket A adapter? ("A bit" to save even more money)

I think that there is a slocket A convertor in production, AMD said it couldn't be done due to the longer wires to the processor, but several third party companies think otherwise. Keep your eyes peeled, and visit the AMD appreciation website - http://www.k-power.co.uk/index they will probably post info about these devices in the near future.