Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
INFERNO2000

Internal Iomega Zip Drive Connection

I'm thinking of picking up an internal Zip drive....I need to know if it connects via and IDE Cable(in which case I'm screwed), or by the floppy cable(in which all is good).

Hi,

You have two choices for the internal ZIP.

IDE or the much rarer SCSI version.

ZIP 100 was available in both, haven't seen the 250 as an internal SCSI unit - although you can get them for the MAC so they must exist.

The ZIP drive is NOT a replacement for your floppy drive, so it doesn't use that connection.

External USB models are fast.

------------------

PIII 650 Coppermine, ABit BE6-II, 384MB PC100 RAM (Samsung), Matrox G400MAX, SB Live! Value, Intel 10/100 NIC, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 7200 ATA66 22GB HD, IBM 7200 ATA66 20GB HD, Pioneer 32x/6x SCSI DVD, Yamaha 4416 SCSI CD-RW, Iomega Zip 100 SCSI Internal, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410.

Windows 2000 Only

Ok, just wondering, didn't intend on replacing my floppy :P

I just wondered if it used the same ribbon, in which case I could use it, or if it required IDE, in which case I can't, as all my IDE channels are filled.

I guess I'll just have to get the USB External...which is no problem at all.

When reading my reply back I find that the 'NOT' wasn't really required smile

We have a couple of external USB ones at work and they really are nice and fast, much better than the parallel port ones.

------------------

PIII 650 Coppermine, ABit BE6-II, 384MB PC100 RAM (Samsung), Matrox G400MAX, SB Live! Value, Intel 10/100 NIC, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 7200 ATA66 22GB HD, IBM 7200 ATA66 20GB HD, Pioneer 32x/6x SCSI DVD, Yamaha 4416 SCSI CD-RW, Iomega Zip 100 SCSI Internal, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410.

Windows 2000 Only

Parallel? why in god's name would I use the same technology my dad has had in his Zip for years? :P It is my duty to surpass him every chance I can get(for bragging rights, of course)

I'm strictly USB :P

my board has 4 ports for a reason :P