Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheSpork

Lyra!! Finally compatible!!! After numerous threats from me,

Yep, thanks to countless threats from me of rallying Lyra users from all across the world to make a petition (I was 2 seconds from making one on petitiononline.com), RCA finally made some beta drivers. Right now the only SOFTWARE to have jumped on the gun to use these new drivers is Windows Media Player 7 beta. I'm sure Real and MusicMatch will release updates soon to use these beta drivers.

Only snag with WinMedia Player is that it uses WMA files, though I kind of like them 'cause they're a slight bit smaller, and same quality (128kbps). The other snag is that using variable bitrate mp3's doesn't fly too well with WMP. What happens for me, is that it will transcode the mp3's (convert them to WMA in other words) and somehow get to 103%, then stop moving FOREVER. I've tried this with all my various VBR mp3's, and it always happens. Yet no problems with regular 192/128.

So, until Real and MusicMatch jump on the gun, we're stuck with no VBR and WMA. But I'm not complaining, for three major reasons:

1) I can at least get music in 2000 now

2) You can convert your mp3's using MusicMatch from VBR to constant, and THEN transfer them (nice workaround)

3) The Windows Media starting logo on the Lyra looks better than musicmatch and real.

TheSpork