Compatible Support Forums
Sam88

USB Device not Recognized (multifuntion centre)

okay i know that ppl have previously posted this problem several times before but i have tried turning off the power from the back of my tower, and reinstalling the driver and changing different usb ports but non of it works....

i just bought a new epson stylus CX4700 multifunction centre and the same message pops up everytime i turn on the printer/scanner/copier "USB Device Not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." need less to say now i can't use it

please help out

Do other USB devices work on this system?

When you stated that you turned off the power on the back of the system, did you;

1. Turn off the system?

2. Unplug the printer from the USB port?

3. Unplug the power cord and hold the power button on for 10 seconds?

4. Plug the power cord back in and boot the system?

5. Once the system is booted into Windows, plug the printer USB cable into one of the USB ports on the BACK of the computer, not om one of the ports on the front of the system?

thx for the reply.....

after you replied i tried everything you said and it again didn't work... showing the same thing...

and other devices do work...

got any more ideas???

my computer recognises printers and scanner seperatly... could that be a problem..???

could the fact that my computer has one of those old large printer ports be a factor...???

thx again

You mentioned that you have an older printer and fax? Especially if the printer and/or older fax unit are the same make as the current unit, there may be a conflict. Did you uninstall the applications and drivers for the old units?

Also, make sure that you install the software and drivers for the new unit, as per the instructions in the documentation for the Epson multifunction unit.

The instructions that I provided above were to discharge any static charges that can build up on the USB ports. Now it's time to look at other possible issues.

It may be helpful to post what make and model computer that you are using, as there support pages may have some troubleshooting hints. I did not find much on the Epson site.

yeah they are the same brand printers but i have uninstalled the old drivers.....

and i have also followed the instructions... sadly no luck

no worries appreciate it

i'll try epson...

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

When i use my MP4 it always says,"USB Device Not Recognized".At the front and back of the cpu USB slots,,,I reformat my Mp4 so it has no songs pics and vid's....And it does not charge if i use USB port,,but if i use my DC charger,it charges

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a bigger problem that started with this problem. Need help! My laptop started displaying "USB Device Not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it" whenever you plug any USB devive into either port. After reading several postings on different websites and trying many methods (uninstalling all USB in device manager, both in safe mode and regular mode, disconnecting all power and letting computer to discharge, removing memory and reinstalling,ect.) for several days I decided to call it a night and ran a virus scan. After completion of scan, computer froze. After waiting some time I decided to manually turn the system off. When trying to power up computer it will not boot or display. Fan comes on for a few seconds then goes off. DVD optical drive runs but after a short time stops. Been told it is probably motherboard. How do I find out without taking it to a shop and spending more than it is worth?

ya i got a problem with usb ports as well. Tried everything posted.

uninstall/reinstall drivers

unplug power for hrs

flash bios

reformat drives

nothing seems to fix the problem, any advice would be much appreciated.