Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KooL

New stuffs for VIA chipsets users ...

VIA INF Driver

Updated:

May 16/2000 All Updated recognition of VIA chipsets under Windows® 95, Windows® 98, Windows® 98 Second Edition, Windows® 2000 and Millenium Edition. viainf.exe

I'll try it out, i hope there will be a real improvement... I'll test it now.

------------------

:o) KooL (o:

No changes... Actually i have got a lot of problem being under win2k.

Here's is my hardware :

Mobo : DFI's K6XV3+66

AMD K6-2 350Mhz

64Mb RAM

ELSA Erazor III LT (riva TNT2 M64) AGP2X

SBLive Value

SCSI Controller (PCI Symbios Logic 8100S)

Ethernet Card

Liveware 3 for win2k (which is not final liveware3 for win2k, i've heard)

Detonator 5.16

Here are my problems :

I have weird textures colors on some games

I can hardly reach 2Mb/Sec with my hard drives

I have some noise when i move windows around my screen with winamp playing (pops)

Please, GIMME HOPE...

Thanx ;o)

my dfi k6bv3+ has horrible driver support. Not recommended.

------------------

"It’s not that easy to bring back the feelings from a moment. Often you can only conjure up the description you gave your feelings"-minne

When I install this INF it "breaks" AGP functionality. The device manager will show the AGP to CPU bridge now (lot of good that is when it does not work). When I install the drivers for my video card it hard locks the system (tried 2 different drivers and 2 video cards). I had to uninstall it from add/remove programs, uninstall the AGP to CPU bridge and let win2k reinstall the mainboard resources before I could successfully reinstall my AGP video card.

Win2000 Pro

AMD Athlon 850 MHz

Abit KA7 Mainboard (newest bios)

256MB PC100 SDRAM

Geforce DDR (Creative) 3.78 Nvida reference drivers, newest drivers from Creative

SB Live (value) Liveware for w2k

Adaptec AHA2940UW with an IBM 9GB U2W HDD

Plextor 12/20 narrow SCSI CD-ROM

(2) 8MB Voodoo2 in SLI (Diamond) 1.02 beta w2k drivers

USR Sportster 56k ISA

When ever I load the VIA drivers, mainly IDE

busmastering, my system corrupts with in a week. This was true for Win98 or Win2000.

So I dont load any VIA drivers. I leave the

System Win2k drivers as loaded for the first time.

Fic SD11 MB

Athlon 750

Kingston PC100 256 Meg

Enlight Case ATX

CL Riva TnT2

SBLive! Value

Netgear FA310TX

CL Dxr3 DVD Card

Ned

I had same problem . Used the new inf and the hacked .sys file from Tom'd Hardware everything seems to work good now.

Win2000 Pro

AMD Athlon 750 MHz

Abit KA7 Mainboard (newest bios)

384MB PC100 SDRAM

Geforce DDR (Creative) 5.16 Nvida reference

sapiens26: So, you ran the .inf setup then went into safe mode and replaced the viaagp.sys and appended the machine.inf? I would be interested to know the order you did it in. Our hardware is exactly the same.

Well i didn't touch the manchine.inf file but just replaced the .sys file after running the inf file from via

Buy the Asus P3V4X mainboard. I have not had any problems with it and Windows 2000

It has the Via chipset.

God, Via has ruined my life. Gave my brother my old SOYO board because my riva wasn't compatible with it (should of stuck with the voodoo 3) and bought a GA-6VX7 and slapped a celeron 466 (@525mhz) in it. Stability went out of the freakin window. Lockup after lockup. Someone said 'use the via drivers' did that. More problems. I used to run win 98, that was sad. Am now happy with w2k (when it doesn't lock up). Whats the go with these latest Inf drivers from via, worth the hassle? Whats this talk of editing the sys file? I read somewhere that via were high when they claimed w2k fully supported their chipset straight out of the box. And that you must use the viaagp.sys.

The only problem is, how?