Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treason

Voodoo2 & Win2k

Hey all - I just formatted and installed Win2k, but whenever I try to install my Voodoo 2 drivers (whether from 3DFX or the Win2K default drivers) it keeps saying 'An error occures - The specified file could not be found'

Could someone help me figure this out - I just need to get these drivers installed!

Thnx.

are you running a beta version??

I had the same problem with 2183

UG to 2195 and all in hunky dory in the land of nod

Which drivers are you using? I find that the ones on 3dfx's site are crap. I use some hacked NT 4.0 drivers and they work fine. Just no D3D support. If you need them I can e-mail you a link to them.

The 3dfx-provided drivers are crap - the Anthony Toaste "kludge-ware" drivers are much better (even though they don't do DirectX) but some versions have a mis-named DLL in the INF.

Make sure you're using the latest d/l from this site...

After you unpack the drivers you need to edit the voodoo2.inf, Take out this line "voodoo2.cab"

[sourceDisksNames.x86]

1 = "3dfx Voodoo2 Install disk","voodoo2.cab",0

Should look like this

[sourceDisksNames.x86]

1 = "3dfx Voodoo2 Install disk",,0

Needs to say 3dfx mess up win useing the INF I made I told them about but they never fix it.

As far missing DLL that not ture YuppieScum.

Sorry I havn't been around Due to Move back to Missouri & to it off the ISP I have for time bean suck in tell I get my ISDN hook back up on a diff ISP.

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 21 May 2000).]