Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lynn Williams

Help My Cd Rom Drives Disappeared???

All at once under Windows 2000 I open "My computer" and no cd roms..So I look at "Device Manager" and they are both there but they have an "exclamation mark" with a yellow circle around them on both cd rom drives. Please advise if you can..All has worked well for months but all at once no cd rom drives.

Thanks much.

I forgot to mention..I tried deleting the cd rom drives from device manager and rebooted and it found both of them again and installed them but put the same exclamation marks with circles on each again.

im running winxp sp2, and i had a similar issue...

once the installation was complete, the drivers were installed and there were no problems until i rebooted a few times after the initial boot, then all of a sudden, my dvd-rom and cd-rw wernt being picked up by my computer...

i went into the control panel and tried to delete the devices, installing new drivers on reboot, to no avail...

then i hit the properties of the drive from the device manager, and proceeded to update them live on the system... it worked!!! but im still seeing a few lingering issues, not sure if it to do with the drivers or just winxp sp2 incompatablities...

the problem being that...

i can burn cd's and what-not from within windows explorer [not 100% practicle for iso's], and i can access all files from the cd/dvd's that i insert... but when i run roxio easy cd/dvd creator 6 'creator classic v6.2.0.111' i have no detected drives available to the burning software bundle...

there is a new realse of roxio media creator [v8 is about to be released], which has winxp sp2 and win2k sp4 listed on the v8 specifications... so maybe an update is in order... doh... i need to make more $$$... frown

ok, hope that helped not hindered, djravine...

visit me, the D @ NADAsoft.ath.cx:8181...

I sometimes had the same problems with my old comp, windows 98, somtimes I boot up the comp and it dosen't detect it. All it was just a reboot and the problem was fixed.

You shouldn't had deleted them before you rebooted, should of tried that first.