Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon-Lord

SuperMicro Mobo Bios Updates available

Just checked on www.supermicro.com and saw that they just released v3.0 bios versions for most of their motherboards (and upgrade for my dual P6DBS from v2.2). Since the last rev was in September 1999, I am hoping (fingers crossed) that these are bios upgrades with Win2K in mind.

I have flashed mine and all is well, so far. It is too soon to tell yet whether my AGP Geforce DDR freeze problem is gone.

Since I saw that a lot of other mobos were getting AGP related bios and driver upgrades, I can only hope.

Nowhere on their site (that I can find) do they list what is addressed in these upgrades. Hell, they hardly mention Win2K at all. Anyone know a good source of end-user information other than their site?

:}

HI,

I just update mine to version 3.0 as well. Nothing newer except MPS run at Version 1.4 without problem.

Same problem, no suspend mode. Slightly bootup faster than normal. (Maybe)

I do not have any AGP related problem since my revision on September. I haven't actually try out Version 3.0 BIOS long enuff. Will keep you informed.

Quite bad support from SuperMicro indeed. They don't keep people informed about what has been updated. What are the known issues, etc.

I think my next mobo will be Abit or Asus. smile

I have been running mine on ACPI/MPS 1.4 using the r2.2 bios (SMP as well), so has that been part of my crashing problem? Should I try v1.1? What is the difference?

I have hibernate and standby available and working, but what is suspend? Is this mobo supposed to support that?

Nothing on the site about recommended bios settings for Win2k, known problems, etc. Very weak and frustrating. call their tech suport number and it says "send an email" since they won't pass you to a live technician...period. I can tally how much time I have lost reinstalling, removing, upgrading, etc. so many drivers and revs only to come to the realization that the mobo (bios?) is my primary problem.

Since the onboard scsi chip blew some time ago, I have just been waiting to replace this. I too will be looking at Abit and Asus next time around.

I have had only one random crash since I updated the bios yesterday. For me, that is a record. :}

:}

I suppose Standby is just a new term in Win2000, whereas Suspend has been just having the similar meaning. I haven't been able to go Standby mode ever since I bought this mainboard.

How did you get it to run? There wasn't this option for me at all. When I press my Power button (which suppose to go into standby mode), it says my CD Writer is preventing it from going into standby mode. Which I think is quite ridiculous.

I am running ACPI kernel. How about you?