Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shadoe

MX300 Win2K and Athlon system

Hello, everyone. I have managed to read through most, if not all of the posts on this board regarding the Diamond Monster Sound MX300 and Windows 2000. I have read mixed results. I have tried installing Win2K with my MX300 and I seem to be experiencing the very same problems with sound stuttering and/or cutting out. I also seem to be having the same problem a lot of users are having with EVERY PCI device in my system being stuck on IRQ 9 because of ACPI. Is it possible that these two are somehow related? Also, I DID use the beta Aureal drivers and from what I have read, they do NOT work. Should I let Win2K install its own drivers? My last question is this: I am running an Athlon 500 on an ASUS K7V. Are there any known issues with the Athlon, the MX300 and Win2K? I'd be grateful if anyone could provide me with some answers. Thanks!

-Shadoe

I had the same problem with sound cutouts. There are two solutions. 1.. Everytime the sound cuts out, reinstall the vortex2 drivers included with Win2k, you don't even have to restart. (this is the annoying fix.) 2.. You have to follow the exact steps to install the Beta Vortex2 drivers. I kept getting the cutout, and couldn't use the Aureal Control Panel until I followed the steps.

http://downloads.aureal.com/pub/Public/Drivers/Vortex/WDM_INSTALL.doc

They worked fine after that.

Thanks for you help, RatTrap. I tried exactly what was written in that document. It worked to a degree, but still not completely. I can now use the Aureal control panel, but sound is still cutting out on me. It only seems to happen in games though I haven't listened to mp3s long enough to know whether or not it's going to cut out. Any other ideas?

-Shadoe

I had same problem but only with dual procs in nt4, I fixed it by putting in a sound blaster live, damn good card mx300, too bad they made me get rid of it over a driver issue

Same problem...

K7-700+ASUS K7V (bios v1005)+W2K Pro

Sound cuts out in e.g. winamp in 5-10 minutes.

Followed exect steps suggested by Aureal - no result.

Finaly got to AC97 sound... vortex2 in in drawer waiting for this issue to be solved... ;-)