Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DennisBaker

Dual Monitors and W2k

Has anybody gotten dual monitors/dual display cards working properly under w2k?

Our systems here at work are running windows 98 with Asus v3400TNT AGP card, and an S3 Virge PCI card. Of course the cheap s3 card doesn't work under w2k with dual display.

I'm looking for another cheap PCI card to take the place of the s3 -- problem is I can't find any (and yes I did read the dual monitor compatable card listing and I just can't find any of them.)

Thanks!

Seldzar told me that the SiS 6326 4mb PCI card thats about 40cdn supports dual monitor. I'm getting one of those as soon as I have time.

You must set the S3 Virge to be the Primary boot up device (In the Bios). It only works in Win2k if it is primary for some reason. But once in Win2k you can set the AGP card as primary on-the-fly

Check www.realtimesoft.com/multimon

for a Database of Compatible vid card for Win2k+Multi monitor.

Yep! Setting your BIOS to PCI is mandatory but it gives no futher problems. My AGPcard is 3D ATI RAGE Pro 2X (4 Mb).

The PCI-card is now Diamond S3 Trio64+ but it will also work with S3 Virge DX/GX PCI (375/385).

The only problem is that my AST-Vision-7L monitor just blowed up thanks to a heatwave in the Netherlands. I think me and my computer needs a airco ;-)

------------------

ProFactory/Ko van Leeuwen

Voodoo3 3000 PCI

and Viper 770 AGP

works better than in 98... need to deactivate one or the other to play d3d games though, same problem in 98.

Ning

it never worked for me, i had the s3 set as primary boot up in the bios, but when i tried to extend my desktop onto my 2nd monitor the computer always hung.

As has been mentioned several times before, the native S3 drivers do NOT support multi-monitor use.

Check the W2K HCL for a list of cards/chipsets that will work...