Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
J_Pro

Tyan trinity 400 question

I want to get this board. I would like to know how well it works. Here's my congfiguration:

Celeron 366 PPGA @ 550

128MB Corsair PC133 ECC SDRAM

Adaptec 2940AU ultra SCSI adapter for CD/DVD

IBM DPTA371020 10.2G ultra66 HD

Matrox G400 MAX retail video

SB Live and/or MP3+ (I own both)

Creative DXR2 and /or DXR3 (I own both)

Win2k or bust with (note this issue) NTFS

I have tried an ASUS P3V4X and it will not allow NTFS with Celeron processors. I have confirmed this with ASUS. I am concerned because the Tyan uses the same chipset.

I also tried an ASUS CUBX, but this board has an issue in Win2k with .WAV or MP3 files played back from the onboard ultra66. I am now hell bent on the Tyan. Where is YuppieScum when I need him.

i have the tyan trinity 400 with a PII-350 running on it. it works great after u make some adjustments in the BIOS like setting the clockspeed for your RAM and its latency. check out http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/Motherboards/TyanTrinity400.htm for more info on that.

As far as i can tell (i had it for a week now) its working great and it allows for my PII-350 to be OC'd to 392Mhz without probs (havent tried higher yet)

hope this sheds some light...

my specs:

Intel PII-350 (waiting for a PIII-733)

Tyan trinity 400

Apacer 256MB PC133 SDRAM

CL Annihilator Pro

CL Live! Platinum

Adaptec SCSI controller

Plextor 8220 CD-RW

I'm here!

I've been running a Trinity 400 (BIOS rev 1.06) for about 8 weeks now - 24*7 - with a PIII-550e, 2*256Mb and a 20Gb UDMA2 drive under NTFS.

When I was setting this up, I also tried it with a Celery 300a @450 - same deal, it just worked.

Aha - Tyan have just released BIOS 1.07...back later.