Cordless

Remote Storage File

I'm getting the infamous "at least one service or driver failed on startup"

I check the registry and I think it is

"The Remote Storage File Hung On Startup"

anyone know how to fix this??

TIA

Kim

Come on Peeps someones gotta know somthing about this??

I know you do!!!

tee hee :-)

Its "Throw me a FRIGGIN bone here!!!" but we will skip the execution this time smile

Im guessing ur running server and not workstation?

here u go:

An application used to automatically move infrequently accessed files from local storage to remote storage. Remote files are recalled automatically upon user request when the file is opened.

JimmyK - Thanks for replying I'm tearing my hair out over this!

yeah I know how the saying goes but I didn;t want to get kicked off the board before I'd even joined ;-)

anyway - running server and I'm getting this error every time I start up windows - every time I boot!! eh?? have you any idea how I can fix it/stop it? have I removed a file I shouldn't have??

TIA

CL

To be perfectly honest I dont know. But I have an idea. Either you installed something and then deleted it manually, so its still in the registry trying to throw it into "remote storage", but it cant find anything.

Second, your "remote storage" which is defined like ur virtual memory is not configured properly or win2k isnt designating it any space.

Im tired, and Im not explaining this properly, but u might want to try doing a repair installation. Ill post again tomorrow after my exam, hopefully Ill be a wee bit more coherent then.

hehe and Im glad ur up to date on the Austin Powers terminology smile

Cheers Jimmy

I figured it was something in the auld registry but I can't figure out what I have done numerous repair installs without avail - it's driving me nuts even did a full re-install to enable acpi and that didn't shift it

oooooh

off to get dinner though I'm not very hungry since for breakfast "I ATE A BABY"

HAHAAH smile

good stuff

Im surpridsed that the problem is still there after a full reinstall. I must admit I do not know what you can do to remedy the problem, it sure is a persistent SOB if it stuck around aftera reinstall.

Maybe its some hardware problem, which doesnt make any sense, especially if u did a totally fresh isntall and it was still there, I dont know what else it could be.

just pretend its not there.... =)

anyone else fancy a bash at this??

------------------

Dual PII233 @ 525

Matrox Mill II 4MB aGP

Creative 12MB V2

UW SCSI, 230MB RAM

is it possible that is has something to do with this file being missing?

E:\WINNT\system32\RemoteStorage\Trace\engine.trc