Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
necfg

Soyo SY-5EMA+ & Win2000

Does anyone know of any drivers/fixes that will get USB on a SY-5EMA+ Soyo mobo working under Win2000?

Via (chipset manfufacturer) and Soyo has no updated drivers at this time.... any other solutions?

-necfg

Just click the current USB driver, go to Update, then choose "Display a list...." and pick "VIA USB Universal Host" or PCI to USB. It should pick up from there.

I have an EPoX KP6-BS Dual CPU 440BX motherboard. It has an intel USB controller and get the same type of problem. In device manager I get a message telling me there is not enough BIOS info to start the device. Any help would be appreciated.

You might look for a BIOS update for the motherboard. The other problem was with Windows actual identifying the controller. Try forcing generic drivers on it (like I described before) if you have the latest BIOS. You might also see if there is a USB fix for the motherboard.

I have had my SY-5EMA+ for about a year and have not updated the bios yet. I just had to go into the bios and enable USB and every thing works great.

I had the same problem with the Soyo 5EMA+ Windows 2000 installs the USB as an unsupported Via universall USB host controller you can change this in device manager by up[censored] the driver to Via usb universall host controller or you can get the updated drivers for your board from http://www.via.com.tw/drivers/index.htm