Compatible Support Forums
clombard

D-Link DGE 530T under Oracle's Enterprise Linux

Trying to get this NIC card to work under Oracle's enterprise linux 4 update 5 (OEL). When booting box, linux just says that it can't initialize or bring up the NIC. I have modified the files mentioned in this article - www.linuxcompatible.org/Driver_for_DLink_DGE-530T_Gigabit_PCI_on_FC4_t33856.html

Essentially did a manual configure of the driver as eth1.

My eth0 on the motherboard works just fine for now. it is the second NIC in PCI slot that i am having trouble with.

Thanks

I will be of little help on this as I do not have a license for Oracle, but perhaps we can find someone who does run it.

What driver did you use to configure the NIC? Several were mentioned in the solutions in the referenced thread.

..and you did determined that the driver is active (available) for the running kernel?

From what i can see/know OEL is close to redhat. So should be the same instructions to follow.

Not sure that i have the driver installed yet. Not quite sure how.

I have tried following jimgolding's post to manually configure the driver i.e. modifying /etc/modprobe.conf and adding /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 .

If i recall correctly, when i do a

lspci

then i get the correct card identified

when i issue an

lsmod | grep sk

it finds the sk98lin module.

In /var/log/messages, i find that message that says

sk98lin device eth1 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.

I have tried

modprobe skge

followed by

service network restart

and i have tried

modprobe sk98lin

followed by

service network restart

both doesn't seem to work.

When i issue

lspci | grep -i ethernet

i get

05:04.0 Ethernet controller: D-Link System Inc DGE-530T Gigabit Ethernet adapter (rev 11) (rev 11)

so whatever that is telling me is correct.

What happens when you try the skge module, as suggested by hyvatti ?

Quote:
The sk98lin driver is no more the correct one for D-Link DGE-530T gigabit ethernet card, and probably a whole lot of other cards. The new kernel module is skge. You need to remove a line referencing the old driver from /etc/modprobe.conf, and replace it with skge like this:

alias eth0 skge

Of course, yours would be;

alias eth1 skge

Also, you noted;

Quote:
I have tried following jimgolding's post to manually configure the driver i.e. modifying /etc/modprobe.conf and adding /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 .

Did you use his example, or copy the references from your own ifcfg-eth0 file?

His was a static connection, yours may be DHCP auto?