Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChaNce

Intel Prodsl 2100 Win2k driver

Hey, has anyone got this dsl card to work with win2k? I have a USWEST dialup connection, and would like to use it with win2k. Help?

This is the one thing keeping me from putting 2000 on my home system. If anybody has access to beta level drivers I'd be happy to give them a shot.

I work for USWeat MegaLAN, the section on Megabit that handles cisco 675's on networks. I used to do support for the cisco605 and intel 2100, and I can assure you there there is *no* drivers for either. Reason being that cisco has discontinued the production of the 605 and thus wont be upgrading the drivers, and Intel hasnt stated any desire to do so as of yet. There is not only no word of desire, but actual discussion as to *never* providing drivers. Which is unfortunite, because I run 2kadvanced server at home, but I have GTE. smile And USWest makes it clear that they dont support win2k in any way shape or form, along with UNIX, Linux, Novell, etc. Your best bet is to exchange the 2100 for a Cisco 675 external, because win2k has no problem with NIC drivers. If you call Megabit, we will tell you as much.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaNce:

Hey, has anyone got this dsl card to work with win2k? I have a USWEST dialup connection, and would like to use it with win2k. Help?

What sort of NICs are good for use with Win2k? I'm considering replacing my Cisco 605 with the Cisco 675, but I've never dealt with networks much before. If the NIC was compatible with other OSs as well, that'd be a plus...

Please see the topic I started in the Networking section of this forum.

I use an Alcatel 1000 ADSL external modem.

External modems are great because they need no driver at all. The nic does the job to talk to the modem through the ethernet link.

Nic cards will run without any hassle on most oses.

Under Win2k and Win98, they are PnP devices.

As the guys suggest, just pick a good medium range brand.