Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pLUGSNEt

3d Prophet with DDR... Win2k drivers needed

I need some drivers that will work with this card um I have tried a lot could someone give me some sugestions I really and mad at this stuff!!!!!!!!!

------------------

hehe :-)

thanks I will check it now this **** is giving me a big head ache but it all good I still love microsoft and there new but buggy win2k

------------------

hehe :-)

hey plug, was your problem with the geforce that it would install the drivers. i just traded back my winfast geforce becasue the fan broke for a prophet ddr, and when i put it in. it went into vga mode. i installed the 5.13 drivers and when it was done it flickered the screen and said they were installed but with an error so i need to re install them. they let me change my resolution and use those tests that came with the card, but in device manager it has a ! after it. and then when i restart the computer it goes back to the vga drivers! i have treied other drivers enven the ones on the cd and the ones that were on the sight.

I heard about the 3D Prophet and how it is one of the best cards out there, so i bought it for my NT server. I noticed that right on the box, it said "WIN9X,NT 4.0" so I thought that I was safe. I also went to the Guillemot website to get the newest NT4.0 driver and still had no luck. I then went to Microsoft and checked the ACL and didn't find the 3D prothet DDR on there, oops. After a couple of weeks wasting time trying everything in the book to get a display that would work, I brought it back to the store and picked up an ATI card instead. I know it doesn't compare but it works. I'm not sure if this would also apply to Win2k but all i can say is that STEP 1 when buying any hardware for use on an OS that's built on "NT technology", is to visit the HCL page at Microsoft's website.

Quote:
Originally posted by pLUGSNEt:

I need some drivers that will work with this card um I have tried a lot could someone give me some sugestions I really and mad at this stuff!!!!!!!!!

I don't mean to be an ass, but are you BLIND?The Prophet is just like all the other Geforce cards + a few other features. Why didn't you just use the 5.13 Nvidia Reference drivers for NT 4.0??? You need to GENERALIZE your search over at Microsoft and not look up the Prophet and instead look up GEFORCE...that's all that matters when it comes to drivers. Oh well, I hope you are happy with your ATI.

Both my bf & I use win2k and got the GF Prophet DDR and it installed on both our systems with no problem. When we downloaded the latest detonator drivers, we both got 30-40fps increase in quake and an equally big increase in UT. Big mistake returning it, I think.