Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adminxxx

Sony DSC-F505 Driver for Vista OS

Can any kind soul post a link to a download site for this driver.The links posted here in the past no longer work.TIA

I got them here....from 2002.

I believe you are right. Sony does NOT support this old model. The software supplied with the camera is not compatable with Vista,however the USB driver is included on the CD and this driver is incompatable with Vista. I have no interest in the imaging app: "Picture it". I only want to load the images to my computer by usb.

I was hoping someone could suggest another USB driver that might work. I tried a few on the Sony site but none worked. It was trial & error for an hour.

FWIW....I went through the same problem with my DCR-TRV460, but WAS able to download alternate software from Sony to enable it for Vista.

I guess the DSC-F505 is too damn old...

Slainte!

Yes, I see it now, the drivers were for Windows 2000 in the compatibility database, correct? That is what I was getting at, where you found the links here, in the forums or database.

What about buying a all-in-one card reader and transferring the pictures that way? I'm still on XP and mainly use Linux, so excuse my lack of knowledge with Vista.

Which memory sticks are you currently using?

I have 3gb of Crucial DDR PC 3200 on the Vista box, I also have 3 other XP boxes in the network/house so I can load the images on these machines and share them with the Vista.

Never had any problems with Vista except with Sony devices. As I probably have at least 12 other Sony products in my home it really ticks me off that they punished their customers with their pissie fit with MS.

btw.......did the linux thing...life is too short for all that! Too many other thing I want to play with. :))

Slainte!

Sorry, I should have been clearer...which camera memory sticks is what I was getting at, so that you could choose a compatible all-in-one card reader. But it sounds like you have a work around through network transfers.

Perhaps someone else will read this and have another idea on the drivers issue.

Yes, I do have a work-around.I've abandoned the search.You all have a nice day.

Slainte!