• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pakok

pakok

stranger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:57 AM

hey guys, can you help me? i want to install linux 9 on my pc but linux cant recognize my hd, i used 2 run linux on an ide hd and i can install it but i switched to sata now and it says no harddrive.

my mobo is msi p6n sli v2, x2 sata hd

a want to add linux with my 2 other os, media center edition and xp pro sp2 grin

also can i add another os? i hav a jas mac os-x 10.4.8 and same problem, it cannot see mt sata hd

#2 danleff

danleff

Carpal Tunnel

• Moderators
  • 2903 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

Could you be more specific on what Linux distro and version that you have? If you are speaking of RedHat 9 or SuSE 9, then these versions are older and do not have support for sata drives.

If this is the case, I suggest that you use a new version of the distro which have sata support. For example, Fedora 8 or 9 is installed on my three systems with sata with no problem.
"I love it when a plan comes together." - Hannibal Smith

#3 vikramsinghsajal

vikramsinghsajal

stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:58 AM

hey guys, can you help me? i want to install Red hat linux 4 on sata harddrive but linux cant recognize my hd and it says no harddrive.

#4 vikramsinghsajal

vikramsinghsajal

stranger

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:00 AM

hey guys, can you help me? i want to install Red hat linux 4 on my pc using ASUS mother board and SATA hard disk but linux cant recognize my hd and it says no harddrive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq