Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vechlor

BP6 + QQ BIOS FINAL = USB FIXED IN WIN2K

I am using the new QQ mps 1.4 does work with USB without reinstalling your os. On bp6.com i was reading some were having trouble with it but it seems to work great here..

I just flashed with the final version of QQ bios. I see no difference with the beta version which had already MPS 1.4 with USB working in W2K. Maybe Abit have just certified the latest beta to final? I wonder...

My computer didn't even boot in to windows, so i flashed back to qq beta.

yes... after i installed the official bp6 bios my video only worked in 256 colors... otherwise i was getting inverted colors in 16 bit and 32 bit... thinking that it was my tntultra's fault i went to the creative faq page and confirmed that my bios settings were correct. when i rolled back to the beta bios everything worked fine again... the new bp6 bios works for some... but not me!

USB and MPS 1.4 never worked until I flashed to the new QQ final. I'm using ACPI Multiprocessor PC and USB works great now!

What exactly is MPS 1.1 and 1.4

I have the BP6 and am running with 1.1.

What is the difference, and performance differences?

Thanks

BlaZeR2

You guys are scaring me. I was about to update to the official qq but if it really causes problems, maybe I will stick with the second beta. It seems to be working for me ok.

------------------

C366@550 x 2, Abit BP6, 192mb PC100

Voodoo3 3000, SBLive Value, Hollywood+, Hauppauge WinTV

3Com 3C509 (Cable), Linksys 10/100 (LAN), Generic 56k modem

IBM 20.5gb 7200, WD 18gb 7200 on HPT366

Pioneer 104s, HP7200i

No reason to be scared !!!

I have a similar setup and it works fine.

ACPI multiprocessor OK!

MPS 1.4 OK!

USB OK!

Hibernate OK!

What else ??? ... OK!

Everything is OK !?!?!

(Yes, I know, for me...) :]

well it didn't work for me. while i read these forums i get the feeling that people assume that if something works for them it must work for everyone. stop generalizing ones results with another. the bp6 final bios did not work well with me. i also read at bp6.com that "Users are reporting an SMP problem." thats all they said, but it does show that this is not the perfect bios upgrade.

The new QQ bios now allows me to play Q3 in win2k without any crashes. I use to get a freeze right before the level started up. Now with mps 1.4 it works great.. I still dont use ACPI though..