Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

WTF!!! 3D Prophet DDR Geforce not working!

ok, i had the winfast geforce ddr, but the fan stoped moving at full speed, so i took it back and paid 20 more and got a guillemot hercules 3d prophet ddr-dvi geforce. it is the best on the market. well my winfast worked fine with the 5.13 drivers, everything worked, and it was super fast. but i put in my prophet and it will not work right! it keeps saying there was an error installing the drivers for it. i keep trying and it does the same stuff. when i restart it gives me the crap no drivers for it, and 16 colors. what is going on! anyone have this problem and or a fix! ahahhaha i am going insane!

This is serious! i need to know if i can fix it, if not i have to take it back.

heh-heh-heh.. lucky you.

I had the same problem when I replaced my TNT2u with a GeForce (Elsa Erazor X2) without changing the drivers to VGA first.. I belive I posted something about it here:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002062.html

Here's the relevant snippit from it:

GeForce demos from dell: When I first stuck in the GeForce, w/o changing the drivers from the TNT2 (Seemed to auto-detect the GeForce and install the drivers, this was 5.13 drivers), After installing the demos and before rebooting everything worked fine.. After rebooting, The bubble demo seemed to lose it's 3D acceleration (.3 fps) and the bubble just wasnt there, only the background. All OpenGL acceleration seemed to die too. I then went to uninstall/reinstall the drivers, and it gave me a file not found error upon trying to reinstall the GeForce drivers. Everything seemed to copy over okay, but I got the error. Just for the hell of it, I tried to uninstall/reinstall another driver and got the same file not found error installing them. Had to format/clean install to get it working again (Booting off the CD and upgrading over win2k didnt help any) There's a wack ass bug.

------------------

-Da_G