Compatible Support Forums
XP_User

Help with Norton Antispyware

One of the latest security issues is a code executor. An update released by microsoft was downloaded and "installed". Every time I turn off my PC with Windows XP Home edition it tells me there is an update to install. The same update. It doesn't want to install.

Also my Norton spyware and scan software - free with BT Broadband line is not accepting spyware scans (saw that it said last run: never) and i have run both of them before.

Is there any connection with MS's update?

seems to be working after I re-installed the Norton software. I really dont know what went wrong but I hope that it will stay right.

I have to solve my own problems on this forum then? Since nobody posted any reply.

Nope it doesnt work - Can anybody just tell me why this didn't work this blooming stupid machine.

It is doing my head in!!!

it wont work and Norton isn't installed properly and the install of the update still thinks it needs installing after 1 week + of stupid time.

I will leave this forum if nobody helps me. Any body else having this problem?

Originally Posted By: XP_User
An update released by microsoft was downloaded and "installed". Every time I turn off my PC with Windows XP Home edition it tells me there is an update to install. The same update. It doesn't want to install.

What update do you mean?

Originally Posted By: XP_User

it wont work and Norton isn't installed properly and the install of the update still thinks it needs installing after 1 week + of stupid time.

Try Norton Removal Tool.

Boot to safe mode and rename C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to something else. This should purge any corrupted windows update downloads.