Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mishos

Dungeon Keeper 2 and Vista

hi all, i am trying to get dungeon keeper 2 running on vista 32 bit and i have seem to have hit a wall, im aware of the many posts on this topic already but i seem to be having a unique problem from what i can see. Yes it is version 1.7 and yes i have tried running in all compatability modes with desktop comp. and visual themes disabled plus in admin mode. Every time i can get into the game and past the intro movies but when i get to the main menu everything is black and i can only see the menu text and the hand and everything is frozen and chugs and moves every 15 seconds or so. it also tells me my graphics card stops responding and then starts again. yes i have the latest drivers. anyone able to lend a hand? thanks in advance.mish.

Maybe you should make sure the problem is caused by vista, or hardware configuration firstly.

This game isn't one that works in compatibility mode. Turn all the settings back on. Do not run it in compatibility mode. Try running the game normally if it doesn't work try re-installing if it still doesn't work try disabling hardware acceleration. You could try microsoft virtual pc. If none of that works you just have to accept that not all games will work on vista.