Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MajorGeek

Decided On A Distribution - SuSe

Been round and round and round and I think round again and have decided to spend some qulaity time with Suse. Main reason being it appears to be an OS that a Windows user can comfortable migrate to. The install routine is much more "user friendly" then most and then some and I thought the updates and other features were as well. Bought personal edition after trying the test drive of it. Nice package, 3 CDs, 539 page manual and more. Book that size would cost you 20 bucks anyway, so cant complain.

Ok, I am off to install, just thought I would share where I ended up and maybe suggest to other newbie types wondering where to start to give SuSe a shot. It does not have the prettiest name or logo, but I liked what I saw.

Smiley for no reason: laugh

I have read that it is a fairly nice distro indeed, with good support and a nice installer/admin utility (YaST). Good luck with your choice.

Yes, SuSE is a nice distro. The only downside is that you need to pay for each new release, except you prefer a FTP install wink

I ran That distro for a while. it does install rather nicely

when it comes to updates I prefer the way mandrake does things though

I guess it comes down to how much you know about linux( me not much at all-still learning) and personal prefererence