Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Warhead66

Dungeon Keeper Gold revisited..

Hey guys, i guess technically i'm new to the boards but i have spent hours in here reading the Dungeon keeper topics trying to find out how to fix my problem.

I downloaded the game which btw isn't free, costs $6 but hell, i don't mind that price for such a great game

i installed the game through a RAR extraction seperated in 01 02 03 04 where 01 is the main one.

when running the game it said no disc, so i downloaded a crack and fixed the problem.

then i ran in to another problem which is what is keeping me from playing (i think)

when i enter the game i can without a problem go to the map, but as soon as i selec a world (this is where the actual game should start) i get a blank screen, a black screen and then an error message:

AppName: keepd3d.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: unknown

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 6572635c

i read that i should use the windows compability program, i followed some really well written instructions about how to use the program and i'm pretty sure i used it successfully. i now have a 1 kb appfix package which was supposed to fix the program through heap emulation. the problem is, it doesnt.

it's the exact same error, blank screen black screen and then that error.

any suggestions help is highly appreciated!

I suspect it is caused by the compatible problem with the video card, such as the driver...