Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GhostSong

SuSE 8.1 Pro & DVD

Greetings

First i had problems with mplayer which wasnt playing at all and when i decided to get backup and clear my whole system i saw that w/o doing anything else mplayer was playing

Anyway in other words i was using xine and recently i've dealt with ogle too and was playing like a rock but as i said before i needed to clear up my system which means :

I don't know which files were actually to built ogle succesfully

I tried many times and even the libdvdread doesnt want to stay , when i try to install 4 asks for the cd and writes the 3 ( so i dont get what provides the newest one which ogle needs (rpm installation) ) and with tars went good but i don't remember which files and i'd like to do clear stuffs this time

So I need someone to tell me :

What i need exactly (rpms - tars ) both of the ways to built ogle in SuSE 8.1 pro ( i went to their site ) but i'll appreciate it if someone in here which has done this many times to tell me

What in need to have installed in my distro and what should i get one by one

Thank you

Farewell

I tried to get from internet the libdvdread 0.9.4 ( and yast2 get the 0.9.3 from my cd ) I've made it once but i don't remember how , i was switchin' rpm's i guess

I Need your expertise ppl

Thank you very much

I had so many issues with RPMs and dependencies that I eventually gave up and moved to Debian (and onward to Gentoo, which is along the same vein). So, what happened with MPlayer? I had pretty good luck with it myself, but couldn't really tell what your problem was. It *seemed* like it was kind of working for you, but you had some issues while the others didn't work or even make it beyond installation.

Greetings ,

Well i decided to backup my system and reinstall everything and for some reason which i'm not aware of mplayer plays smile

As for ogle n' xine ... no clue , i'm dealing with it

I found btw one rpm ( from the hundred ones ) libdvdcss the newest one and now i have to deal with libdvdread cause due to the default

installed one ahm not able to update , i guess it's about that , that already exists ( ahm talking always about rpms ) now if i can get away with it ok , otherwise i'll play with tars as well

Now libdvdread = 0.9.4- and libdvdread.so.3 exists and the others which existed before are missing laugh

() Even some sound schemes are playing after the new installation of my distro ... ;(

I dont remember a step i've changed since the last time ... Anyway lots of weird stuffs but it's okay.

Every thing is under control n' i'll let you know what i came up to

Farewell

{

Switching entirely to SuSE 8.1 pro and in general with linux

w/o other OS's at all my life changed , everything is even

better now for all this time so it's a risk worth taking wink

}

With xine all went great smile ( 1st time i get all yes even with xine/ogle in ./configure , latest vers of everything smile )

Ogle :

Going to build with the following configuration:

prefix: /usr/local

mmx: Yes

altivec: No

mlib: No

Xv: Yes

oss audio: Yes

alsa audio: Yes

solaris audio: No

obsd audio: No

but :

../libogleao/.libs/libogleao.al(ogle_ao.lo): In function `ao_drivers':

/home/ghostsong/SoftParade/Programmi/Ogle/ogle-0.9.1/libogleao/ogle_ao.c:52: undefined reference to `ao_alsa_open'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[1]: *** [ogle_audio] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ghostsong/SoftParade/Programmi/Ogle/ogle-0.9.1/ac3'

make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

If something tells you that i've pasted , ahm clueless

Thnx

Greetings ,

The seek is going great

I tried to remove libdvdread 0.9.3 ( which mplayer n' kdebase requires ) and tried to install the livdvdread 0.9.4 and asks about a libc.so.6 so ahm getting a file right now x86-compat-libs.i386.rpm(which provides libc that needs) to try that out and then add libdvdread 0.9.3

+Ogle n' xine even if i did make clean after ./configure | make && make install , arent removed , what should i do to avoid possible conflicts ?

Thank you

Greetings ,

The libdvdread case has been solved with rpm -ivh libdvdread-0.9.4

(the dependencies thing)

If there's an alsa compilation problem it can be dealt with :

./configure --disable-alsa

The ogle rocks

The only thing i need to fix now is a half green bar at the left which aint visible , just a bit

Farewell

Greetings ,

Mystery solved.

16bit/24bit , about that green bar at the left side of the main window of the dvd.

Farewell