Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zepper

Blue text - why?

Anyone who knows about the eye, knows that blue is the hardest color for the eye to focus on while red/amber is the easiest, so why blue text on blue background on this site? Blue as a background is fine as the eye doesn't need to focus on that. I suppose that brown would be a good compromise color (or maroon) for text as they have some red and/or yellow in them. Kindly get rid of the blue text... From a new member who has passed the big six-oh and doesn't see as well as he used to.

Thanks,

.bh.

Try changing the theme under My Stuff (in the middle menu near the top) => Preferences => Your preferred stylesheet

OK, now it's better using Linux style sheet but still too much blue text. Here's hoping you get rid of all of the blue text in the forum update.

Thanks all,

.bh.

I recently purchased a computer and noticed that some PC info (CPU temperature and fan speed) was displayed on a small display window on the front of my PC unit. Here's the interesting thing. From my chair and I read the text (dark blue on a ligher blue background) without using my reading glasses. OK not a big deal, but if I put my business card (black text on a white background) next to the display (at arms length), the text on my card is very very blurred, yet the text on the PC mini-display is perfectly clear. Why is this?

The answer to why people find that a blue background reduces eye-strain, could be revealed in the observation that with a white background the eye (iris muscles?) have a hard time to focus the lettering, whereas with a blue bkgrd they do not.

Comments please.