Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

This forum is deader than roadkill

Hooray! A thread to respond to! Actually, I had a chance to blow the dust off of my Linux box at home and fiddle with it a bit more. I am hoping to start using simple desktop apps at first, and right now I am looking for a decent way to rip MP3s. I haven't started the hunt yet, but I'm gettin' there...

Quote:
Hooray! A thread to respond to! Actually, I had a chance to blow the dust off of my Linux box at home and fiddle with it a bit more. I am hoping to start using simple desktop apps at first, and right now I am looking for a decent way to rip MP3s. I haven't started the hunt yet, but I'm gettin' there...

CDParanoia for ripping, LAME for encoding.

(and about the forum being dead: the database sharing between here and NTC jacking up the new post indicators doesn't help much...)

Quote:

(and about the forum being dead: the database sharing between here and NTC jacking up the new post indicators doesn't help much...)

That must be it. I have to use the "unanswered posts" link to figure out what the newest ones are (not that there's a lot here, yet :)).

Sorry, should have explained better.

Grip is just a gui front end, which will use any command line ripping or encoding utility. Just makes it a little beginner friendly. But I agree, CDParanoia and Lame is the best combo.

Also I think Grip will utilize CDDB for tagging your mp3s.