Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
slim16

Extended Desktop

Hello all,

I am using my ATI Radeon X1650XTX with dual-dvi out to display two monitors. one monitor is a 17" dell lcd and the other is a 52" sharp aquos lcd. the dell is attached to the video card by using a dvi-vga adapter. the sharp is attached to the video card using an hdmi-dvi adapter (i got it before they started selling the cables with dvi on one end and hdmi on the other).

my main desktop is my 17" dell lcd which i have set to 1280X1024 resolution. i use extended desktop (not cloned) for my 52" sharp at a resolution of 1920X1080.

my problem is that the left side of my extended desktop is cut off. as in, about 3 or 4 inches of what should be displayed is off of the screen to the left side. so when i play movies in full screen mode, the left side of the picture is cut off. i've tried changing the resolution, but that has no effect on the screen position/size.

i'm not sure if it's possible to adjust the screen position/size of the extended desktop, but if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

if there are any other solutions to this problem, all suggestions are welcome. thank you for your time.