Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ronin

Pissing in the Wind!!

I'm so tired of the bull**** with W2K, what a joke of an operationg system. It's great for the buisness but all you gamers who try all these lame ass drivers are just asking for problems. The OS WILL NEVER BE A GAMING OS. It may play your games but you will never have the same features that you get running plain old W9X.

I agree, Ronin. Absolutely. Firstly, with W2k I never get to reboot my system when explorer hangs. I used to so love doing that under Win9x. Also, I have to deal with this annoying stability problem that the new OS kernel seems to have. What's up with that? No need to reboot at least once a day to maintain peak operability? What utter nonsense.

Quake 3 Arena, Half Life, Unreal, Heretic II, even that pig of a game Ultima Ascension run smoothly with the drivers I have currently installed for my Voodoo 3 and SB Live!.

Honestly. If the only reason you have a computer is to run games, then uninstall W2k, certainly. Go back to Win9x, you'll be much happier... just like MS said from the very beginning.

Please don't come here to trash W2k, I'm sure there are plenty of Unix forums where you can go to do that.

------------------

*gniltrohc yawa srednaw*

I must be more tired than I thought. This message doesn't even make sense to me...

[This message has been edited by PraetorJudis (edited 22 March 2000).]

I'm not trashing the OS, I have W2K server running my DHCP,WEB and FTP at my office. I love the new look and the stability it brings to the buisness world. It's just not a gaming OS, it never will be, and not to mention that there are still alot of harware issues that frankly will never be resolved to work properly. I just find it funny that people visit this forum to try and resolve driver problems when clearly the drivers are not ready or they are using hacked drivers that are not for the public in the first place.

"Funny you would say that Hmm"

Just name a few

Forsaken

Aliens versus Predator

Descent 3

Centipede

Frogger

Monopoly Star Wars

Incoming

Microsoft Pinball Arcade

Myst Masterpiece Edition

G-Police

Quake1, 2, 3 "Plus lot's add-on map's"

Riven

3D Ultra Pinball 3

Half-Life

Unreal, Unreal Tournament "Plus lot's add-on map's"

Vegas Games 2000

DX-Ball 2

Ive Got Some Balls

Need For Speed 3

& only of 1/3 them I have

My System spec

Intel 300a@450a celeron

Abit BH6 Motherboard

2, 128meg SDRAM 168pin DIMM

Creative Lab's SB Live! Value

Realtek RTL8029(AS) PCI Ethernet NIC

Promise Ultra66 PCI

I/O Magic MagicWriter 4x4x32

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1202

Western Digital 8.4gig IDE Primary

Hewlett Packard 420c Printer

Intel PC Camera Pack USB

Microsoft SideWinder 3D Pro

Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer USB

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro USB

ViewSonic G773

ATI Xpert 128 AGP 16meg

PCWorks FourPointSurround FPS1000 speakers

Please,

I'm not saying that games don't work, **** we know some do, but the OS does not run all current games and hardware like W9X does. And like I said it never will. That is the point hardcore gamers will use the OS because they play one or two games, but mainstream users will not and that is what it's all about. Please don't write listing a 10 or so games that run that is not why I posted this thread. People need to wake up to the fact that the W2K will never run all games like W9X does. Seems like I'm the only one saying that. Everyone must be in denial or someting. I know I'm going to be cursed and called every name in the book, but why **** with an OS that does not perform like it should and was not written for playing games. Also there is the issue of hardware support which in itself is a joke when it come to Sound cards and Video cards. I'll save that for the next thread.

Ture but do recall the Good Old Day's of Windows95 hehehe some old story "DX this DX that", Do you recall S3Virge or was it Trio3D any way dose that ring any bell's.

Well I got to agree with you on some Hardware drivers that part ture, but we can't have all are wish roll in one package.

You could alway try out Linux,

It drivers support 90x worst then Windows2000 is & only few game ever run under it no not those Joe Blow 2D Games "there like then 10 3D games for Llinux".

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 22 March 2000).]

I have to say this I think Windows 2000 is the dog's b***ocks I think it's great checking every day for new drivers and software hoping there is something better to come. So far I think this is the most stable opperating system Microsoft has brought out you cant turn windows 98 off by the power button and still be the same when you switch it back on !. If you remember we had all the same problems when Windows 98 was released things can only get better If you had it all your own way i'm sure you would get bored !!!!!