Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GPSnoopy

Live!Ware 1.0 for Win2K, or how to kill Win2k in a few click

I was so happy when I saw that, finally, Live!ware for Win2K was there...

I DLed them... installed them without troubles (which is great cause no Live!ware installed correctly for me before)... I reboot the PC and BANG!!! At the middle of Win2K starting (bit before the Logon window) it just reboot (?!).

I went in safe mode, uninstalled Liveware and then rebooted... everything worked fine again. I installed only the drivers and not the whole Live!ware stuff... Again I couldn't login Win2k. (so it's drivers based I guess)

Creative is really upsetting me... I never got one of their drivers working correctly!!!

My config: Cel466, 128MB, Abit BE6, Pioneer DVD6X SCSI, CDrw Yamaha 4416i SCSI, SB Live Player, Maxtor 15GB HDD udm66, Guillemot Xentor 32 (using nVIDIA drivers 3.81),... using Win2K Final

This sucks!

I just grabbed them this morning after seeing a post on the forum. I ran the setup, installed only the drivers and AudioHQ (to get the mixer), and after reboot everything came up just fine. I am more than a little disappointed in the mixer application. What a joke...it looks like the standard Windows volume control with a skin on it, not the super slick mixer in the Win9x software.

My rig:

Abit BX6 2.0 / latest beta bios, Celeron 300a / OC 450, 384 meg PC100, Adaptec 2940 U2W, SB Live, Creative DDR, Nvidia 3.81, Win2k

Did you previously try to install any of the hacked or beta versions of liveware?

I know that if you tried to install the hacked liveware 3 that was posted on NT compatible, then try to install either the beta liveware 1 or the final liveware 1, then it will automatically reboot as it is loading the sound drivers.

The easiest and surest way to correct the issue is to reinstall windows 2000 on top of your current installation. It is basically the same as a repair function. you keep all your programs, don't have to reinstall anything, all your settings are the same, except it reinstalls all the original drivers for stuff.

It worked for me.....

BlaZeR2

Well, I never installed any non official drivers... I always kept the original one from the Win2K CD

my thoughts are the same as deckard!

I really liked the latest LiveWare 3.0 for win9x !!

LiveWare for Windows 2000 is apparntly comparable to LiveWare 2 for Win9x.

I seem to remember Creative saying that LiveWare 4 would be released shortly as well, which hopefully will have Win2000 support, although sadly knowing Creative I wouldn't hold my breath frown

Exorcist

I was using the last version of the leaked Win2K Live! drivers from Creative. For good measure I uninstalled them, then installed the latest version from Creative. Rebooted and no problems. I don't care if the applets are pink, as long as everything works. I do have one bone to pick with Creative, where the hell is the Wave Voice applet like in Win9X? I know in Win9X it was defaulted at 4 voices and sounded like crap until it was changed to 32 voices. Is there anyway to change that value in Win2K?

Installed fine on my PC, i was using before only the basic drivers for sblive included with win2k. Thanks creative it was about time... just in time to rent some good dvds for the weekend.

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the live drive as an add on for the original sb live card or am i **** out of luck?

Well... I followed Blazer2's advice... formatted the D: (okay that's maybe a bit excessive but nothing as good as a fresh fresh install), reinstalled Win2K on it and installed the LiveWare.

Now it's working smile (I guess there were leaked drivers installed after all by me :P)

Thanks Blazer2

I'm a bit disappointed of it... compared to the Live!Ware 3.0 of Win9x it's a bit weak but it's sure good to have a real working SB live! now smile