Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

How do i change irq being used

On my acpi computer, acpi apperently will not let me change my irq numbers on hardware. does anyone know how i can chage the numbers, becasue i have 5 thing using irq 11 and i get a bsod in quake 3 sometimes telling me that "Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal" .. i need some help with this. thanks.

------------------

Amd k7 500 w/ 3dnow and mmx. :: 192 mb sd100 ram.

Biostar m7mka mobo. :: Maxtor 20 gig hardrive :: quantum fireball 4 gig hardirve :: 32x toshieba cd rom. :: 2x write 4x read phillips cdr w/ adaptec scsi. :: Winfast nvidia geforce 256 ddr 32mb w/ tv out. :: Diamond monster mx 300 Sound. :: Standard Floppy. :: 5 speakers including a subwoofer. :: Us robotics external 56k modem x2 v.90. :: Intellimouse explorer. ::

Standard gateway keyboard. :: 17 inch gateway ev700 monitor. :: Epson stylus color 600 printer. :: Info scaner. :: D-link 10/100 mbit ethernet lan card. dfe-530tx+ w/ wol. :: Windows 2000 Professional.

humm, try changing one or two of your cards s pci slot..

That shall help unless there s softer way...

Cheers

goto device manager/computer upgrade its driver (which is set to Advanced config...) to standard PC

However with acpi its perfectly normal for all your irqs to be on the one irq, its only when a device needs an irq it get given one (then its taken back after). That way there less a shortage of interupts!

Also if you have a spare PCI slot make sure the empty one is PCI#1 (next to the agp slot). As they physically share an irq, by means of a copper track.

Also, Also! ACPI bios' seam to disreagard irq 5 for some unknown (to me) reason. It's now apparently reserved.

I put it on standard pc, and it totaly messed up the computer. i want to change the irq becaue i got a blue screen of death msg in quake3 saying that my irq level with not greater or less then. somthing like that. i have changed the spots of the cards, it did nothing.

------------------

Biostar m7mka mobo. :: Maxtor 20 gig hardrive :: quantum fireball 4 gig hardirve :: 32x toshieba cd rom. :: 2x write 4x read phillips cdr w/ adaptec scsi. :: Winfast nvidia geforce 256 ddr 32mb w/ tv out. :: Diamond monster mx 300 Sound. :: Standard Floppy. :: 5 speakers including a subwoofer. :: Us robotics external 56k modem x2 v.90. :: Intellimouse explorer. ::

Standard gateway keyboard. :: 17 inch gateway ev700 monitor. :: Epson stylus color 600 printer. :: Info scaner. :: D-link 10/100 mbit ethernet lan card. dfe-530tx+ w/ wol. :: Windows 2000 Professional.

Yes it does that, but settles down after a while of rearranging, you'll have lost some power management stuff as well (hibernate).

What version of nvidia drivers are you using?

Remember beta drivers are BETA drivers. Do you have the latest bios for you Mobo, AGP miniport, etc. Try disabling IRQ routing in the computer section (as before). This will mess things up again. If this doesn't work, put ACPI back on, and try ALL the Nvidia drivers starting from 3.66, 3.78 etc. source: www.reactorcritical.com

Also I had a problem where only 3.66 works on my PC, where when playing Q3 the only part of the screen that moved was a box round the 2D icons at the bottom of the screen. I fixed this by throwing in the 3.81 nvoglnt.dll to the system32 folder it worked wonders smile

Do a clean up by deleting all nv*.* and oem*.* files within the /winnt/ folder, Then reisnstall the drivers.

The fact that your getting a BSOD means that somethings not very happy

PS The AGP and PCI irqs can't be handpicked, just smartly shifted about, Its good to have ACPI and PCIIRqRouting enabled, but it doen't always work. If the uppermost PCI slot is left empty, the AGP card should be left on its own (with ACPI off).

[This message has been edited by euankirkhope (edited 21 March 2000).]

i have the 3.81 drivers, they may be the problem with that bsod becasuse now that i recal, i dident have this problem at my last lan party before i installe them. after the party i tried switchin to standard pc, that messed up everything, i couldent get into windows becasue my ntkernl files was messed up. so i tried to reinstall it from the disk but i cant install windows from my comptuer, it jsut freezes at the moment when the keyboard and mouse flashes on and is about to start with selecting options. i have to take my comptuer to my friends house and plug the hardrive in to his comptuer to fix these problems. if i still get this crap error, i may go back to the old drivers, because i dont see any really improvement in them. thanks.

------------------