Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reidyn

Win2k, SuperMicro SCD, Standby Mode = NOPE!!

Any of you guys have SuperMicro SCD motherboards, or other variations with the same problem I'm having?

We have two identical P-III systems with similar behavior, making defects unlikely. Trying to go into Standby mode gives a message "The driver for <xxxx> is preventing the machine from going into standby..." where on on one machine <xxxx> is the Secondary IDE channel, and on the other it's Communications Port COM1.

Both were doing the IDE channel thing until I reinstalled one. At that point, it decided COM1 was to blame. I suspect that the problem might be the BIOS. I've flashed to 1.1c (the latest available), no help.

Any ideas?

Yes I have a Supermicro P6DGU with dual processor capability. Both Slot 1 is installed with Celeron 300A in it.

I can't go into suspend/hibernation mode because they are simply not available in the selection.

However, if i press on the power switch, it will say my writer is preventing my system to go into hybernation mode which I believe it should be because the proper patch for the directcd that i am using is not out yet.

Anyway, the hibernation/suspend features isn't important for me. Shut Down is especially when i need to shut down the system remotely.

I got the same error, for keyboard, until I did an upgrade of w2k to w2k (forcing a reinstall). My first install had APM enabled, but I finally found the right BIOS settings on the supermicro site to enable ACPI under bios 2.2 (P6DBS). That forced upgrade forced a complete reworking of my system. It is now running fully ACPI and hibernate works (and rocks!). My system does not seem to want to recover from Standby mode (no mouse or keyboard stroke brings it back), but everything else is running flawlessly. So, I recommend checking BIOS, power config, then reinstall/upgrade and see how that works for you. :}