Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arin

Quantus really thinks windows 2000 sucks? Tell us how he is

take the time to tell Quantus that he is wrong about w2k sucking.

Dude he is dumb, he is wrong, win2k is better than [censored] (or so i was told).

"win2k is better than [censored] (or so i was told)."

So which one haven't you tried yet?

Arin, where the hell did I say "Win2k sucks"?????? Well????

I didn't....if you read my first post under the other thread....I had issues with driver support, apps not working under win2k, and a commment about MS in general

I never said that Win2k as a whole sucked. There are things about Win2k I like.

Quit sniffing paint fumes and come back down to the real world.

-Q

Quantus I rarely reply to these types of topics but I feel compelled to set you straight on a few things. First off Windows 2000 does not suck. Yes Yes I know you did not exactly state "WIN2K SUCKS" but you did not have to. Your message was written in such a negative way that it was blatantly implied that "WIN2K Sucks" What is implied by a message is most cases is actually the most important part of a message. As to your "driver issues" you have with Win2k I have a suggestion. Take the 486 24 megs of ram system your currently running Win2k on and chunk it out of the window. Then ask Santa to bring you a nice big Athlon system for christmas and all will be much better.

***TRUST IN YOUR TECHNOLUST***

Pr-man.....implied and stated are two different things!

As for the 486 machine comment....you have NO clue do you?

-Q

well ive been watching this one for awhile now. first, at first i had hell with win2k in beta, but now my system is a gamers dream. i was using beta or hacked drivers for all of my hardware but now creative and others have released their drivers. now im not a network or pc guru, but i also work out of my home. i build gaming systems and do home networking for a living. all of my gaming systems are built around win2k now. now like everyone else has said i dont know what you are doing wrong but my machine works flawlessly. my games never crash like they did under win9x. i dont have to reboot my sys every 20 minutes like i did with 98. also dont even get me started on overclocking. i dont know what ms did in win2k to improve the overclocking ability but i salute them. i have a junker machine( im sure most ppl at this forum has one) that is a 266mhz p2 that ive managed to overclock to almost 500mhz. to me that is very impressive. all my machines are overclocked now and when i used win98 i couldnt do this. same machines, same cpu's. so i dont have a clue what you are doing wrong but almost all my apps work perfectly and even in a lot of instances that work better. win98 was so discouraging, it always crashed for some reason. my wife's machine is still 98 and she has such hell with it. im always working out irq problems and trying to find out why its crashing. not to mention when she does a windows update. after a window update her computer is unstable for days. i dont even want to list all the games and apps that ive gotten to work under win2k. it would blow your mind if youre whining so much about issues. because ive got very few. i salute these guys at this forum too because when win2k was in its beta form i got drivers for my hardware so could play games and do so much. so i suggest you go to an apple forum somewhere and whine about ms there. youre obviously an over educated moron.(and believe me i know a few) you could do other things for attention, one suggestion is to go jump in front of a fast moving bus. that would get you the attention you need and deserver......lol ŖőĢǚΣ

Windows 2000 would'nt do that with him even if he paid it $50 and let it film it thats how.

------------------

He does'nt want to talk anymore, realy, he's done talking, he's leaving the building

This is for Quantus.. Why dont you just post your problems... Or as Eddie and Yuppie would say... "Use the Search" to find salutions to your problems... Then Post your fix?

This would probably be a little more productive than these slam posts..

And dude... With a negative coment.. and more following the original post.. You are only asking for this.

Get with the program and dont bash.

"Fix"

------------------

When the world comes to a halt, Hold The F*** ON!!!

i think that keel guy dident try the [censored]... but anways, quantis you were implying that windows 2000 sux. ouwwww!

i've been a win2k addict since last december (1998) when i got my first beta of win2k (err NT 5 beta 2 as it was called) i didn't like the fact that a few things were outdated, like ie, and the directx was poor.

i hated the fact that i had to keep using win98 for those 2 reasons.

but now that win2k is final, i say thank god for an os that does everything i want, and runs my programs well, and some even better than they run on win98.

But, come on! Win2k has a shadow under the mouse! I may smell like poop, but Win2k definetely does not!

I am going to post benchmarks comparing the 2 tommorow. Some people may be suprised but the NT4/5 veterans will not be.

ok so here we go

Rating of operating systems in binary code.

Windows 2000 is the best.

quantus = wrong about everything.

[This message has been edited by Arin (edited 15 March 2000).]

laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh

For win2k

frownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrown

For company who did not deliver drivers on time !

Quote:
Originally posted by grimm:
laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh
For win2k

frownfrownfrownfrownfrownfrown
For company who did not deliver drivers on time !

Grimm - As for the company that didn't deliver the drivers on time, i think we should nominate Creative Labs.
Quantus - Were you picked on in school alot? Were you one of those kids that wasn't happy with anything? If so you should have the hell kicked out of you for dumb. When i read one of you posts, i think i lost 10 IQ points because it was so dumb.
Thank you.
Have a Nice Day. smile

[This message has been edited by EddiE314 (edited 16 March 2000).]

If you think windows suxxx then why would you be using it now. you can use other operating systems. and i know you are using windows because why would you be at this sight otherwise.

I've been reading this thread and seems it's getting out of hand.

I think we should all stop trying to single out a member in this forum.. I am not on either sides, I use both 98 and 2K and I like them both. It's just funny to see how a lot of people taking it too seriously about one member's commen. If you don't like what he/she said, just say you don't, how hard is that? Don't you think it's getting a little childish to start making personal comments? I disagree with Quantas that W2K is worse than W2k but that does not mean i have to start flaming. All i see here is just whenever Quantas try to reply to clarify things that he said, ALL of us just won't let him do so but instead keep pouring more gasoline on fire.

Chill!

i don't think Windows sucks, it's probably the next best this, No windows OS's suck. If it wasn't for Microsoft, i bet Linux and all those wouldn't have ever existed

Yeah, i do think it got out of hand. i just thought it would be funny, and i wanted to have a topic that got the flaming folder smile