Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Myke

Outlook: Merging Calendars

We are trying to rid our network of Outlook archived folders (PST files), as they are not the most stable files and they taken up a lot of space on the file server. While this transfer is extremely simple with regular folders (e.g., Sent, Deleted), I cannot figure out how to merge an archived calendar with the existing calendar in the mailbox. I can only copy/move the archived calendar and place it as a subfolder under the existing calendar.

It is possible to move events one-by-one from one calendar to another, but this is very tedious and a waste of my time, especially when an archived calendar contains hundreds (maybe thousands) of events.

Several users have expressed concern, as this can be confusing: which calendar does one look at to find an old event. Does anyone know how to merge two calendars to eliminate this confusion?

As always, thanks in advance.

Side note: it does not seem to matter which version of Outlook. We currently use Outlook 2007, but had this problem with 2002 as well.

Wow... I feel like an idiot. I literally just found a solution to this, and it's completely obvious. I spent a good while trying to figure this out with no luck and stumpled up on the answer simply by entering the subject of this thread into google... yeah, like I said: I feel like an idiot. Apparently a lot of people couldn't find the answer either, though.

Essentially, you have you view the calendar in a table format (the best one is by category). This allows you to select everything (ctrl + a) and move it into the apropriate calendar. That's it. Obvious, but just beyond normal logic.

The only items which cannot be moved are invitations which were sent out, but not answered by all of the recipients.

Sorry to take up space with this thread. Hope this at least helps someone.