Compatible Support Forums
Erik5388

Windows Logs in... Then out!

Whether it is the Normal State or Safe Mode, I log in and seconds later I'm logged out.

I figured it could be a possible corrupted sys32 file. So I used my windows CD and copied over userinit.exe or wsaupdater.exe.

This did not work.

I then ran a ChkDsk via repair console, and still no go.

I feel its registry related. How do I manage registry without the ability of getting into the computer.

Dell D610

PM 1.4GHZ

1.5 GHZ ddr2 RAM.

*** funny, I get the blue screen-o-death when trying to access my repair console. Session timed out!?

CD has very few marks and the laptop is fairly new, 6 months...

Hardware shouldnt be it.

I'll post updates as this pans out.

The BSOD will be the biggest part here. When you get it, write down all of the information and post it in here. The STOP error will help you pin-point what is causing the problem and may help to solve it.

Despite how new the laptop is, it could still be related to memory or motherboard, or maybe just a driver issue; sometimes it's just a manufacturing flaw.

As for the registry, I'd suggest backing it up before you fool with it. To get into it, go to Start | Run, and type regedit. This will open up the registry for you. Just be careful and try to troubleshoot the BSOD before you fool with this.

Edit: Also, what OS are you running?

Navigate in the registry to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\

In the right pane look for Userinit and the path should point to: C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

If it does not then modify the entry so it does.

Since you can not even get into safe mode you may need to make a BartPE bootable cd with the Registry Editor PE plugin on it. Then you can make the edits you need to in the registry.

Originally Posted By: Erik.Zettersten
How do I manage registry without the ability of getting into the computer.

Sorry about my last post. I completely overlooked the fact that you cannot even login, hence using Start | Run is impossible.

This might be of some help: Learn to rebuild the Windows registry from DOS. It's quite lengthy, but does a decent job of describing what needs to be done.

I had an old IDE to USB adapter around SO I gave it a try.

However, the HD seems to not want to cooperate - sounds like its in a big spinning loop.

No new hardware detected either.

I will try to access DOS with the link you provided, however, I do not own a floppy drive with that dell series... So i will buy one.

I'll let you know the BSOD error as soon as I get things back togather.

As you reminded me, hardware could just be faulty... So I will remove some fairly newly added ram, and see how that goes.

I'm running WinXP Home SP2

* I remember seeing the reg value userinit.exe not even being there. This stands out now b/c I first searched for this reg key and didnt find it, but convinced myself I was silly for looking for that.

- which means I THINK i'll need to know how to restore that key.

the FILE is there though in the system32 folder.

Blue Screen of Dealth

Error Info,

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Tech Info,

*** STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC0000020,0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000,)

I've noticed while searching google, that people with this same problem cannot find a solution. I searched for hours and hours. Most people with this common story result in restoring windows.

I'd like to think that there is a better way to fix this. Hopfully with your help we can find the 1st REAL solution to this problem on this forum.

Might be good publicity!

In all honesty, it really does seem like a memory issue, especially since you said you had recently installed new memory. Try removing the new memory and see if that improves your situation.

right... not the memory. Seems to be the CD drive. I tried the CD in a different computer and it went through.

So I think there is some hardware conflict with the CD drive. I'll be able to replace it in a day. So bare with me.

Oh cool, as soon as I get the drive in I'll let you know if it goes through.

thanks all.

That thread you linked me too... They didnt find a solution.

I am trying everything they are suggestiong but am left with no luck.

Today, I swapped the HD out witha new one. I loaded XPpro and installed some drivers.

I did a windows update and restarted teh computer.

guess what.

SAME ERROR,

Windows encountered a problem with USERINIT.exe

Windows has shut down USERINIT.exe to prevent further problems.

.... seconds later logs off.

Log on, then log off...

What is going on!

It was unfortunate that we couldn't get things to work accordingly - I re-re-installed xp pro and didn't choose *quick format*.

Things are running correctly.

It was unfortunate that we couldn't get things to work accordingly - I re-re-installed xp pro and didn't choose *quick format*.

Things are running correctly.

I had encountered this problem for several times.

All I had to do is just reinstalled the system.

It seem not technical, but actually it saved more time...