Compatible Support Forums
Secular

Can't install fallout tactics

When i put the first cd in the menu pops up, I click install and nothing happens. In task manager it has the setup there but its inactive, just sitting there, taunting me.

Copied the cd to my computer and tried it from there and the same thing happened.

I assumed my CD was just screwed so i d/led a version from pirate bay then tried to install it and it did the same damn thing.

I've played this game ON this computer before so I'm flat stumped.

Any help would be appreciated

Try running the setup.exe (or similiar) in compatibility mode.

Right click on the installer program, select Properties, select Compatibility. Try running it in Windows 9x/ME mode.

In some cities it is legal for a person to make a copy of a her/his personal original CDs and DVDs if the copies are for her/his own use; in cities where this is so, people may use a NO-CD-crack to their original fallout tactics CDs or DVD (I know how this could have been done in one occasion).

Hypothetically: if the NO-CD-crack does not result in success when used the way it's instruction says, it can be solved by moving the BOS file from the Fallout Tactics folder to the desktop, and moving the NO-CD-crack to the desktop - then running the NO-CD-crack - and then moving the cracked BOS file back to the Fallout Tactics folder from which it was taken. This tip also have good use in Windows Vista, when needed.

If that resulted in success, Fallout Tactics should now work successfully.

PS. there is a hi-resolution patch/mod for Fallout Tactics available online.

My advice in my previous post in this thread, can be combined with the advice about trying to run FOT in a different compatibility mode.

If one want to try my advice in this thread - it may be better to first try my advice in this thread, before trying my advice in this thread in combination with changed compatibility mode.

Some info about how to change compatibility mode can be found in this thread.

JimSte