Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

Xtreme Audio Will Not Install

Hi all,

I just got the SB Xtreme Audio today and for the love of me, it will not install. I have tried a ton of things. I have the Asus P5B on Windows XP SP2.

I uninstalled my old sound card, removed it from the PCI slot, installed the new card (it is a PCI-E sound card). I start up Windows, it detects the "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio" and some other unknown device called "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" (which I assume is the sound card).

I have tried installing the drivers off of Creative's website, but as usual, their software is crap and says "No supported devices found". Yet, when I go to their autoupdate, it auto detects the sound card just fine. I can not use the drivers off the CD because of course that CD came damaged in shipment.

I have already tried moving it to another PCI-E slot, to no avail. I have already tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers to no avail. My last option is to either find someone here who knows how to fix it, or format/reinstall Windows and start over.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

I do not know if this will help or not but have you looked at support site and the Knowledge Base articles yet ?!?

CLICKY!!!

I have not used their PCIe sound card yet, I wonder if there are some compatibility issues with different motherboards and/or chipsets ?!?

Also check out Asus's website as maybe they have tested this card and have some tips as well.

All else fails man, you did get a broken cd with your product, take 'er back, get a refund. I've been fighting with my own X-FI for the past two weeks since I put in my new motherboard, and I'm ready to tear it apart.

PCI-E add-in cards are iffy on the support side at the moment, mostly because most techs don't know how to make heads or tails of them. And rightly so too, they're so uncommon despite what everyone expected when PCI-E first came to the front.

If you can, exchange it for a regular PCI model and see if that clears it up. And make sure you; and this is a bit of a dopey tidbit but I have to say it, uninstall the old drivers and programs that were installed with the old sound card.