Compatible Support Forums
WetFox

HP USB Printer "USB Device not recognize"

I'm having a very annoying problem about this HP USB Printer (HP Laserjet 4250 / HP Laserjet P2015).

I could not install it because of "USB not recognize" problem when I connect it to any USB ports. The PC is Dell Optiplex and I believe it has USB2.0 ports. I've tried every suggestions from different forums, but no luck at all. It's working on my IBM pentium3 laptop and to some older pentium 4 machines. I connect an Epson printer, also via USB, and it has no problem.

I disconnect the computer from the AC outlet for 1 whole night, I changed the USB cable, I directly connect the PC and printer to the AC wall, I turned on any related settings on the motherboard settings, I sent the printer to the repair shop and they found no problem. I'm thinking that USB2.0 to USB2.0 connection is not good???

Can you suggest a fix coz this gives me headaches? Thank you for any info that you can give.

What does it say in Device Manager? Are there any yellow exclamation marks next to devices?

Sorry for the delayed reply. Before connecting the USB printer, everything is OK in the Hardware Device Manager..no yellow exclamation point anywhere particularly in the USB part. It's only happening in the HP printer.