Compatible Support Forums
ashtreyy

udio Controllerhigh defination audio controller

I'm looking for the realtek ALC888/s/t@intel 82801GB ICH7 high defination Audio controller [a-1]. My chipset is Intel Broadwater I946GZ and I'm using Windows XP Proffessional SP2.

Pliz help guys I need some sound.

Ash

I've tried that but its not working. My PC tells me that its detectng a PCI device and i have used Everest it tells me that my audio driver is the realtek alc888/s/t@ intel 82801gb ich7.

Where do I find the drivers

Ash

Those are the correct drivers however you may need to install the latest chipset drivers first and then try the Audio Codec Drivers wink

I've installed the chipset drivers but I cannot find the realtek alc888/s/t@ intel 82801gb ich7 drivers as my pc keeps telling me that it has detected a pci device.

pliz help

Ash

Well, then I would look at the possibility that there is some sort of OS or Registry corruption, how to fix this maybe a repair install or a fresh OS install.

If the onboard audio had been disabled in the CMOS setup then the device would not show up in Device Manager.

One other thing you could try to do is to reboot into SAFE mode and then uninstall any AUDIO drivers/apps that relate to this or any other Realtek audio codec and then under Device Manager remove/uninstall anything that also relates to the Realtek audio codec, including any duplicate entries.

Upon rebooting into normal mode, say no to installing any drivers for the audio codec and run the Realtek install app to see if this repairs any registry entries and such and reboot when prompted to.