Compatible Support Forums
liese

norton internet security

hi, i don't know if this is the right forum but my norton protection centre just told me that my 'intrusion prevention' system is off. (don't know why 'cos i'd never turn owt off) i clicked on the red off word and 'turn on' and 'configure' came up. whether i try to configure it or click on turn on, nothing happens! the red off just stays and nothing changes. this is really getting me down and as my computer had frozen minutes before and security options wouldn't even come up (eg task manager) i'm worried that i may have a virus. could someone plz help or direct me to someone who can? thank you!

Was any new software installed/updated just before you started experiencing this? You should check your event viewer and see if the logs tell you any additional information which could help you troubleshoot.

As far as the virus goes, while it is possible that you could have one, Norton products do a decent job of detecting them before you get infected, provided that you actually keep up-to-date with the virus definitions. No program is fool-proof, but most are somewhat reliable.

If all else fails, you should try reinstalling Norton.

The Norton internet security package also comes with Antispam and well as Parental Controls, which enable you to child lock your computer and ensure that young users at home do not have access to inappropriate online content. The Norton internet security package is compatible with both the Home and Premium Editions, as well as the Business and Ultimate versions, of Windows Vista and Windows XP.Web vulnerability scanning