Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GirlK1986

Graphics Card Help

I've recently had to remove my graphics card(GeForcefx Agp8x) because it was causing lines on my screen and eventually it caused my monitor to click off by itself.I was wondering if my graphics card was completely shot,or is there a way I could fix it?BTW,i did have to clean the fan that was attached to the graphics card.But it still didn't work.

hey wuts up just wanna say make sure u do have agp 8x maximun cuz i left feedback on the other one and he has a 4x max but the video card he was goin to use needs a 8x so do that also uninstall all ur video driver from device manager that start\control panel\performance and mationce\system\hardware\device manager in display drivers ull see it uninstall it get newest one from the componys name and see if that works but also comferm u do have a agp8x max from ur pc company u got it from also like i said get the newset drivers that could be it but i leave u too this and hit me up if i was helpfull im trying to anwser all the ?s on this fourme....we want quailty not piece of shit hardware peace

Your card is dead GirlK, sorry to be the on to bring the sad news. But! Don't worry! Now you can go out, and spend $50-$150 on whatever you want! Go nuts, get yourself a 7600 GS/GT or an HD 2600 even. As long as it's AGP. Unfortunately, your problem is a bit more than just up[censored] your drivers. As for making sure your motherboard is "AGP 8x max" it doesn't really matter. Most newer cards use the AGP Universal connection and are backwards compatible with AGP 4x slots.