Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
McGuywer

Windows XP Activation.

Hallo Everyone,

It seems that you will be able to help me. I reinstalled Win XP over my current installation. Now, when I start XP, it wants to activate. The problem is I am behind a proxy as I am in a corporate environment. The PC doesn`t have a network card and I want to insert one but Windows wouldn't let me configure it because, directly after login, Windows wants to activate. I know Vista has a Out-Of-Box grace period. Does XP have one?

Thank you in advance.

Did you consult with your IT department before re-installing Windows to make sure that you had the correct settings for the proxy?

Is this copy of Windows a corporate copy, or an image that has a corporate license?

You do have 30 days to activate the installation. You will be prompted for the activation for 30 dats, then the system will disable itself if not activated. If you are installing a non valid copy of Windows (non licensed for that PC) this is how Microsoft prevents such copies from being used on PC's that it is not intended for (non-licensed copy for that environemnt).