Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suberu14

The Sims 2 DirectXc problem...

Okay so I bought the SIMS 2 today and was all phyched to play it, and it doesn't work.

When I try to load the game it gives me a message that says:

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

So I googled the DirectX 9.0c and downloaded it TWICE. I installed it and both times it said that it was all ready to use.

But the game still won't work. I've heard that it might be a problem with my graphics card, so here's the information that I have on that: [i think this is about the Graphic's card...]

Name: intel® 82810E graphics controller

Manufacture: Intel Corporation

Chip Type: Intel ® 82810

DAC type: Internal

Aprox. Total memory: 32.0 MB

At the bottom everythign is enabled. [all three options]

To the right where it says the driver information, it is the following:

Main Driver: i81xdnt5.dll

Version: 6.13.0001.3198 (english)

Date: 8/3/2004

PLEASE help! Any help is appreciated!

You graphics card is too old and slow to play Sims 2 (it certainly does not meet the minimum requirements), try the original Sims instead or replace the graphics card (if a laptop, get a new laptop to play games).

bought my son a dell computer second hand it has wondows xp when installing Heroes might and magic free from original CD it loads to 96% and then stalls says tower town mp3 not loaded and quits the game. Heroes V can't even tell a disc is in CD drive any ideas

Yes, Heroes might and Magic 3 should work.

Could be a poor quality CD thats preventing files from being loading correctly. Try cleaning the CD to fix it.