Compatible Support Forums
bayantaani

The Sims 2 problem, directx (not like any problem)

I saw many topics about this problem with other users

this message appears when I start the game:

http://www.wikifortio.com/804938/3.bmp

Although I installed DirectX 9.0c.

I tried doing what they say in thesims2.com :

----------------

The supported video cards are:

ATI Radeon series (7000 or better)

VE series (see note below)

7000, 7200, 7500

8500, All-In-Wonder 8500

9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800

X300, X600, X800

NVIDIA® Quadro series

Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4

NVIDIA GeForce series (GeForce2 and better)

GeForce 2

GeForce 3, 3 Ti

GeForce 4, 4 Ti, MX 420, 440

GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950

GeForce 6600, 6800

Intel® Extreme Graphics (see note below)

82845, 82865, 82915

If you have a non-T&L capable video card, such as Intel Extreme Graphics or Radeon VE series, then you need at least a 2.0 GHz processor.

If your video card meets all the minimum requirements, but the issue persists you will need to contact your system or card manufacturer for the newest drivers for your video card. Most manufacturers have these drivers avaiable as free downloads on their website.

If you have updated your drivers and still get this error, you must make sure that the DirectX features for your video card are enabled.

Click on Start.

Click on Run...

Type dxdiag into the box.

Click OK.

Click on the Display tab.

Find the DirectX Features box.

The first feature is DirectDraw Acceleration. It should say Enabled next to it. If it says Disabled, click the Enable button.

The second feature is Direct3D Acceleration. It should say Enabled next to it. If it says Disabled, click the Enable button.

The third feature is AGP Texture Acceleration. It should say Enabled next to it. If it says Disabled, click the Enable button.

Once all three are enabled, close the window.

You may now start your game. The error should no longer occur.

------------------

My video card is Intel® Extreme Graphics 82945 (not mentiond above)

and I did that start >> run thing but I found that none of the features are available:

http://www.wikifortio.com/693180/1.bmp

and when I checked my device manager :

http://www.wikifortio.com/334145/2.bmp

there's no display or monitoring options....

please help

yeah also if u want to get games to work GET A VIDEO CARD ON BOARD VIDEO SUX IT GOES FROM 4MB to 256MB DEPENDING ON WHAT U HAVE ALOT OF GAMES WILL NOT WORK.....we want quality not piece of shit hardware peace

I know the problem, I had it myself.

I'm guessing (as i was) that you are playing The Sims 2 or one of The Sims 2 Expantion Packs and you get a pop-up saying the following...

'Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatable graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatable graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.'

Now...This is probably not as rare as you'd think. After doing hours of research I found that many people with this problem and there are two main problems that can cause this...

1.Incorrect or old installation of DirectX.

2.Disabled video driver, video controller, graphics card or graphics adapter.

Even after my own installations of the latest Version of DirectX off the Microsoft website and the unnessary Developers version of DirectX (a gruelling 5hr download off the Microsoft msdn website), the pop-up would still appear!

Ergo: In this case there is no problem with DirectX

Nb. This could however be the problem for you. After installing the latest version of DirectX from: [ url ] http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/AboutGFW/Pages/DirectX10.aspx [ /url ] your problem may be fixed, try running The Sims now.

DIDN'T WORK? THOUGHT SO...HOW TO FIX YOUR DISABLED VIDEO DRIVER:

1. start > Control Panel > System > Hardware(tab) > Device Manager(button)

2. This will bring up a list underneath your computers name.

(a)If there is then a yellow '?' symbol next to your video adapter or graphics card or graphics adapter, it has been disabled or somthing. This is the problem. (The aim is to create a 'Display' icon on the list, with your adapter or card under this as a subcategory instead of being under a '?' icon) go to step 3.

(b)If your adapter or card already appears under a 'Display' icon. Perhaps investigate and see why it isn't functioning, unfortunately it might not be compatable. BUTTTT!! As Tannerx007 stated on [ url ] http://www.compatdb.org/support/topics/179705 [ /url ]. Going into the adapter or cards propeties and clicking on the Driver(tab), try up[censored] the driver or as a last resort (AND AFTER CONSULTING A COMPUTER CONSULTANT) 'Roll Back Driver' this could work.

3. Click on the '?' with your adapter or cards name next to it. Go into its propeties and go to the Driver(tab), try up[censored] the driver. This could take a while, but it pays to be patient, just let it do its thing. This worked for me. Hope it does for you too!

Goober

I successfully installed the sims2 duble deluxe. i have the sims 2 open for business that i bought i think around 2 years. thats for window xp. but now my computer is window vista , is it possible to make it that the sims 2 open for business i bought in window vista? any body can answer. thank for the peron whose will answer me.. smile

Ok when I try to enable mi direct draw and everything it just says Not available.. ? Help. Also everytime I try to load the sims it says something about directX 9.0 not found or watever and I was thinking if there wasnt enough room. If I uninstall the sims completee collection 1 that there would be room for me to play the sims?

Run DXDIAG and Save the information to a file and upload contents here so we can determinie if your PC can play the Sims 2 (otherwise I would stick with Sims 1)

Ok, I'm having the same exact problem as well. I know that there is something that isn"t right because I was able to play the game once before, but when I installed Apartment Life, I've had this issue and havent been able to get rid of it since. Even after trying all of this. Below is a copy of the DXDIAG... (the main page and device page)

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 9/11/2008, 00:08:46

Machine name: TOKURO

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Inspiron 1525

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A13

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory: 3062MB RAM

Page File: 1306MB used, 5020MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_022F1028&REV_0C

Display Memory: 358 MB

Dedicated Memory: 0 MB

Shared Memory: 358 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: igdumdx32.dll,igd10umd32.dll

Driver Version: 7.15.0010.1545 (English)

DDI Version: 10

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 8/14/2008 10:12:48, 536576 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6942-11CF-9175-2522ACC2CA35}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x2A02

SubSys ID: 0x022F1028

Revision ID: 0x000C

Revision ID: 0x000C

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_B ModeVC1_B